Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 9: Corrupted Video Issue?!

[ New ]

First of all the video on youtube has been run through a video editor, so it's impossible to say whether the issue is being caused by the camera or by your computer.

The GoPro's lowest resolution is 1080P yet your clips was uploaded at 720P, this and the renaming of the file suggests that you ran it through a video editor first.  If you have a codec issue on your PC this would affect both the edited compressed video and the playback of the original file.

Hiker

[ New ]

The initial video was also corrupted. I am not that dumb that I would complain about an encoded YouTube video... Smiley Frustrated

Nomad

[ New ]

If the original video is corrupt (the actual raw video, not edited) does it also play back corrupt on the camera?  Can you also upload the original raw clip to google drive and post the link here?

Also, what SD card are you using (regardless of what other people's opinions may be, it does make a difference).

Hiker

[ New ]
Hello! Sadly I don't have the video anymore I think, and on the camera playback, I remember it having similar issues too, but not the same as on the video (but at the same time stamps though). As for the SD card, it was the one that was shipped with the camera. Thank you!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I just had this same issue with my new Hero9 and the SD card that came with it.  My first time using the camera.  Out of the 6 videos that I took, 2 were corrupted.  One showed corrupted on the actual gopro.  The other became corrupted after trying to edit a clip using the GoPro app.

I have reformed the card and am going to see if that solves the issue.