Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 9: Corrupted Video Issue?!

[ New ]

Hello. Today I went to record various protests in my city, and the last video I did (thankfully it happened only on the last one), happened to have been completely corrupted for some reason! Look at how it looks in this video... I start to regret buying this camera, it literally cost me half my money and it has so much issues since I've got it... it is really not professional at all...

https://youtu.be/c0iTIeiNTbo

Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9: Corrupted Video Issue?!

[ New ]

UP! On the YouTube video it looks like just a compression issue, too, but i can assure you that the raw file looked even worse on my computer's players :/ If it happened even once, I'm scared it's gonna happen again and I'm gonna lose some footage long-term, help please!

Hiker

[ New ]

FWIW, I had a similar issue after upgrading camera to firmware 1.22. And with multi-chaptered recordings after they were merged by GoPro into single file. Upgrading to fw 1.5 solved that problem for me but be warned, fw 1.5 has introduces new problems (for me it was SD ERR problem).

GoPro

[ New ]

@xhatz, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more details. Do you get the same results when you playback the video directly through your GoPro?

What's the microSD card brand and capacity. Was it also part of the camera bundle purchase? 

Do you experience the issue on specific video resolution settings or camera modes only? 

GoPro

[ New ]

@macnuts, we'd like to gather a few more details as we look further into the issue you're currently experiencing with the camera. Please provide us the following: 

• Camera model and its firmware version installed. 
  • MicroSD card brand and capacity. Was it also part of the camera bundle purchase? 

When does the SD error occur (i.e. onset, out-of-the-box, after formatting, after 1 video, etc.)? Does it happen on specific video resolution settings or camera modes only? 

If the problem just started to happen recently, we'd like to know any recent changes made or took place (firmware update, SD card brand change, hardware reset, RMA, etc.). 

In addition, have you been able to format the SD card through your GoPro camera? Can it be formatted on a different device or has been formatted prior to use? 

Try formatting the SD card. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Tourist

[ New ]

I've had the exact same problem, all my clips filmed came up as corrupt.

I thought it was the SD card so I switched to another card, whilst the clips were now playable they were still off. Showing a weird clip duration and crashing macbook. Not sure if that's relevant but the attached pic is from a 2 minute clip?

20210128_222921.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@boldsurf0773, could you provide us more details about your experience with the issue? Please refer to the questions I've previously posted.

Also, have you been able to format your SD card prior to use? (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez 
Let's not hijack this thread with SD card problems. If you are interested in my SD card problems please check https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/gopro-9-sd-card-error-quot/m-p/929378#/M188302 thread instead. But read that thread from the beginning, not just the last post only (there are only 12 posts till now).