Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 Bricked with Factory Reset

[ New ]

Hello GoPro. If I was a little younger, I'd probably be in tears right now.

It has been a bit difficult for me with my new Hero 9 for the last few weeks.

A few weeks ago, My Gopro stopped connecting to my iPhone. I could find the gopro on the iOS app, but then it would say "Failed to connect" or something like that. I then tried erasing the connection from my GoPro App, and then I could not find the gopro again. I thought it was a gopro firmware issue. Finally today, I installed the new firmware via the SD card. I was able to find the GoPro camera, but on attempt to connect, it would fail again. I was also hoping to use the GoPro as a webcam today, so I tried connecting it to my mac, and installing the GoPro webcam software. I followed all the steps, and restarted the computer, and connected the gopro, and Zoom app would show the gopro logo, but not the gopro video feed. No success. I looked online for support, and saw that some people had luck after doing a factory reset. I did a factory reset on the gopro via the options menu. The screen went black immediately, the gopro did a few beeps, and I haven't been able to turn it on ever since. The battery was probably in the high 90s, so the battery should not have died mid-reset.
I'm not sure what is happening. Sometimes the camera will do a three beeps in quick succession, but I'm not sure what that means or what causes the beeps. The screen is still black. Both screens. It doesn't seem to react directly to my button presses.

I have a bricked GoPro, and I am deeply Sad. I bought this in the US, before moving to Cambodia. I will not be returning to the US any time soon. I am very very disappointed at the software issues with the GoPro. Since my purhcase of a Hero 4 which was quite disappointing, I thought I would give GoPro one more chance, but unless the customer service can redeem this experience, I don't think I will purchase any other GoPro products ever again.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Bricked with Factory Reset

[ New ]

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your GoPro, @iamtirado. Please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

If there's a problem submitting the request, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I cannot even open the Contact Page. It will not load.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @iamtirado

We have checked the link and it should be working.

Please try a different browser or go on incognito mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Exactly the same here, After a full day trying to connect it to my phone to no avail, a last ditch attempt to solve the issue with a factory reset and now unbelievably it won’t turn back on.
Sightseer

[ New ]
What happened replacement or refund?
GoPro

[ New ]

@srchero9, you may try the troubleshooting steps here GoPro Camera Will Not Power On. If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]
The are working on a replacement. They will do a refund if within 30 days. I was past that.