Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 Black broke only after 5 months!!!

[ New ]

I have owned almost every GoPro that's been out.  never had one break on me, specially this fast! It's been only 5 months and today the screen started going crazy going through all the menus on it's own. then now the screen is just black with green lines flickering! Pretty upset to have this break in such a short time, and I take good care of my things.

IMG_4820.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Black broke only after 5 months!!!

[ New ]

Paid for  a Free Subscription, Use it, and you get a new replaced one.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

Try a manual firmware update. That should fix it. If not it is something physicaly wrong and will most likely have to be replaced.

HERO9 BLACK | GoPro

Hiker

[ New ]

Sorry forgot to tell you the link at the bottom of my previous message is the like to the instructions.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am having the same issue as of yesterday. Someone else suggested a manual firmware update which might make sense if I could actually SEE the screen to connect to my phone. I've owned it for 6 months myself.
PXL_20210222_054211916.MP.jpg
Adventurer

[ New ]

Paid for  a Free Subscription, Use it, and you get a new replaced one.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @quicktree8665 @sergioslvd

If you continue to get the same after the suggested steps, the best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @sergioslvd 

A manual update only requires you to put the update file in the sd card and turn on the camera. You dont need to connect your phone.

Hope this helps.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just to update everyone and hopefully close the loop in a useful manner.

I was contacted by customer support today over the phone. I was asked to provide the serial number of the camera and then do some quick tests. I was then guided on how to do the manual update which -as several here have mentioned- didn't need to connect to a phone. The camera was confirmed to be fubar, at which point I was simply given the instructions on how to proceed with the replacement process in my country. 

All in all, very organised, and prompt support, so thumbs up to that.

Now just looking forward to getting the replacement soon to start recording some great videos again.

Hope this helps everyone.