Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Black Battery Life

[ New ]

I agree. My battery is draining super fast... not 2 hours and 11 minutes as reviews say for 4k.

Fully charged battery shows 95% and when ready to shoot video, it shows 1 hour remaining while it should show 2 hours stated by gopro specs...

Nomad

[ New ]

It's going to depend on your settings.  Hypersmooth setting, high bitrate vs low bitrate, FPS, screens on vs off, GPS on vs Off, connected to app........ there's a huge amount of settings and things that will drain your battery faster.  So expecing your battery to last for 2 hours 11 minutes @4K without taking into account the rest of the settings is a flawed way of thinking.

Hiker

[ New ]

I obviously read through everything you already said in the first page. YOU DONT HAVE TO REPEAT IT!

I am merely adding the vote that battery life is not on par with the "reports" and it was out of box - really weird of you to jump on each comment. SO FAR all I DID is shot few seconds videos, etc. mostly in 1080/30... so the battery should be longer, eh.