Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 4K Looping

[ New ]

I have purchased GoPro Hero 9 and plan to use it as a surveillance camera. I need to use 4K/30 resolution to capture enough details. I noticed that when I switch on the Looping mode, it is restricted to 120 minutes only. I would like to set it to MAX as I can do with 1080 resolution. This way, the recording will be continuous and will loop once the memory card fills in, not after every 120 minutes. I cannot understand why MAX looping does not work with 4K.

Are there any plans to enable 4K MAX looping in upcoming firmware upgrades? This is really critical for my use-case and I cannot see why MAX looping does not work for 4K when it works for 1080.

Thank you.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 4K Looping

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @xmoravej. There is no information on whether the MAX interval will be added for the 4K settings. We will pass this along to the team and will post again once we have new information to share. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you. Please mention looping support for 5K as well. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

We will include it in the information that we will be sharing. Thanks, @xmoravej!