Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 looping issues

[ New ]

I tried using looping for the first time on my hero 8 while fishing.  The camera is on and then I click the red button on top to record.  After a while I go to click the red button on top to capture the last 5 minutes of content.  Most of the time it works perfectly and says it captured the 5 minutes.  Then I click the red button again and start over.  

Sometimes I have had the issue where I will be recording and I click the red button to save that 5 minutes of footage and then the camera turns off.  Why is it doing this?  It gets frustrating.  And I am not sure if it is actually saving that 5 minutes that was just recorded.  

Anybody else have this issue?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 looping issues

[ New ]

Hello @bigdaddyryry

Please see if resetting the camera will help.  Reset Camera Settings
If it's still the same, proceed with a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update/
Let us know how it goes.

Also, try checking the files on a computer and see if the files were saved.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I went ahead and factory reset it.  Going to give it a try again tomorrow and see if it fixes it.  Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

@bigdaddyryry, we appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps. Let us know how it goes.