Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 8 camera trade-up scam. Prospective customers beware!

[ New ]

Ordered new GoPro Hero 8 on an old camera trade-up deal.

Sent old camera in.

Waited a couple of weeks.

UPS text me to inform me my parcel would be delivered Monday 28 October 2019.

Get home Monday evening and no parcel.

Think there may be a delay of sorts and give GoPro benefit of the doubt.

Get home Tuesday evening 29 October and still no parcel.

24 hour chat support states it's closed (laughable!)

Call help line...you guessed it, CLOSED!

Track parcel using UPS service and see its been delivered.

Contact UPS on Twitter who inform em its been delivered to another address and is available for collection.

I say no thanks as my address has never changed.

I try contact GoPro on twitter for help, but guess what...you cant because the muppets haven't enabled the direct message feature.

My blood is boiling as GoPro is playing silly beggars, and having already experienced the lacklustre support offered by GoPro a few months ago.

Seems like my only option is to contact my Credit Card company and get them to chase GoPro for a refund, but that still leaves me out of pocket with my old camera.

Will GoPro be pulling this same stunt with other customers who want to trade in their old cameras?

GoPro your customer support service is not even woeful, its non-existent :(

Seems like you dont want customers with issues to contact you.

Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 8 camera trade-up scam. Prospective customers beware!

[ New ]

So you traded in your camera with GoPro.

They sent you a camera.

Looks like GoPro fufilled their end of the bargain.

UPS hold your parcel for collection due to a delivery issue and you refuse to collect it.

That's a you issue.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@boldcave63652 wrote:

Ordered new GoPro Hero 8 on an old camera trade-up deal.

Sent old camera in.

Waited a couple of weeks.

UPS text me to inform me my parcel would be delivered Monday 28 October 2019.

Get home Monday evening and no parcel.

Think there may be a delay of sorts and give GoPro benefit of the doubt.

Get home Tuesday evening 29 October and still no parcel.

24 hour chat support states it's closed (laughable!)

Call help line...you guessed it, CLOSED!

Track parcel using UPS service and see its been delivered.

Contact UPS on Twitter who inform em its been delivered to another address and is available for collection.

I say no thanks as my address has never changed.

I try contact GoPro on twitter for help, but guess what...you cant because the muppets haven't enabled the direct message feature.

My blood is boiling as GoPro is playing silly beggars, and having already experienced the lacklustre support offered by GoPro a few months ago.

Seems like my only option is to contact my Credit Card company and get them to chase GoPro for a refund, but that still leaves me out of pocket with my old camera.

Will GoPro be pulling this same stunt with other customers who want to trade in their old cameras?

GoPro your customer support service is not even woeful, its non-existent :(

Seems like you dont want customers with issues to contact you.

Gopro is to blame we get it.   thanks for sharing you'll see  the camera arrive sfely in a weeks time 

Hiker

[ New ]
Yep, me and seems like hundreds like me....
Hiker

[ New ]
That’s exactly it, they didn’t uphold their end of the bargain as it was delivered to a wrong address.
Not only that, if something goes wrong (as I’ve experienced in the past), GoPro provides little customer support and you’ll be lucky to receive a response a day after your initial request for help.

Out of interest, how many times have you tried dealing with GoPro customer support? Seems to me you haven’t experienced the shocking customer support yet 🤔
Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro has to   make do that I understand it never arrived. a few days passed lets see what  a few more days ... brings.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro/UPS, two different companies completely.

GoPro fufilled your order, their part is done.

UPS delivery issues are a UPS issue, you need to deal with UPS.

UPS don't deliver your camera to a wrong address and tell you to collect it.  They hold your camera at a collection location such as a UPS pickup depot due a delivery issue (such as the package needing a signature and no one is there to sign for it).  You can log in to UPS to select pickup, redeliver etc.

In this case you refused to collect your camera from UPS.  

I've dealt with with GoPro customer support a few times, they were always helpful regarding camera issues.  However at one time they couldn't track my order due to a UPS issue.  I contacted UPS directly and I my camera was delivered in 2 days.  Shocking I know, I didn't have any issues.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx wrote:

GoPro/UPS, two different companies completely.

GoPro fufilled your order, their part is done.

UPS delivery issues are a UPS issue, you need to deal with UPS.

UPS don't deliver your camera to a wrong address and tell you to collect it.  They hold your camera at a collection location such as a UPS pickup depot due a delivery issue (such as the package needing a signature and no one is there to sign for it).  You can log in to UPS to select pickup, redeliver etc.

In this case you refused to collect your camera from UPS.  

I've dealt with with GoPro customer support a few times, they were always helpful regarding camera issues.  However at one time they couldn't track my order due to a UPS issue.  I contacted UPS directly and I my camera was delivered in 2 days.  Shocking I know, I didn't have any issues.

@irishmanpdx    it does not work that way in Davids World.Lol (not at you) been there done that.

I contact thecompanies off line and   I contacted  the Seller taken three weeks to recieve the goods, why  , Proceedures.   how things work but who am I???