Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 and Windows 10

[ New ]

If I could return it I would. I bought a Hero8 in March with the naive assumption that you would be able to plug it into a Windows10 machine or a MacBook Pro (or connect wirelessly) and download the media without having to take the unit apart pull out the SD card. And even then it is sketchy. All along I assumed I must be doing something wrong. Today, I finally committed the time to figure out how to make it work. Oh..., it doesn't. I can watch the camera live on my iphone, but can't download the files via a USB-C cable? Really? 

There is no excuse in this day and age for this. The fact that goPro is somehow a "standard" for active cameras is a joke. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 and Windows 10

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @andrewc33336. Please go to the HERO8 Black camera's Preferences then select "Connection" and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 and Windows 10

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @andrewc33336. Please go to the HERO8 Black camera's Preferences then select "Connection" and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again. Let us know how it goes.