Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 Repair or Replacement

[ New ]

Good morning. 

I would like your help with the following matter: 

I have a GoPro camera that has the display cracked and I want to repair or replace it.
The display cracked during trasnportation in my luggage.
Details of the camera: 
GoPro Hero 8 Black. 
Serial Number: C333xxx

I also have a GoPro Plus Subscription active on this camera and paid in full until 26th July 2021. 
According with the instructions on the GoPro website, with this GoPro Plus subscription active I should be able to repalce the camera. 
I am now in Thailand - Bangkok. 
Please let me know if I can approach a local GoPro dealer/service or I need to send the camera back to the US and wait months for the replacement. 
Waiting for your kind feedback. 

IMG_1637.jpg
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Repair or Replacement

[ New ]

You need to get ahold of customer service, and then its still $79 USD replacement fee.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks a lot for the info. But I am in Thailand now and they have no service department. I guess I need to pack and send the camera back to the US for replacement. Do have any idea how long it takes? Several weeks or maybe months? 

Adventurer

[ New ]

give a rep a call, this is a site to talk,   just wait for a Mod or staff member to say please contact gopro.com/help/contactus

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @yachting037. As suggested by the members above, you will need to contact our Support team so an exchange can be arranged under your GoPro subscription. We do not have repair or service centers but if you connect with the team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, they will assist you with the next steps. You can reach them by chat or callback request.