Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 Media Module Not Recognised but works on an identical GoPro.

[ New ]

Hi. I had purchased a GoPro Hero 8 this year and then also purchased the Media Module. I have not been able to use the Media Module as the GoPro Hero 8 does not recognise it. I have tried factory resets, software updates and followed guidance but nothing has worked. This Christmas I have also purchased another GoPro Hero 8 for another family member, we then tried the Media Module out on this recently purchased GoPro Hero 8 and it works correctly. I would therefore like to request a replacement GoPro Hero 8 Black so I can use my Media Module now I have confirmed it is my GoPro that is faulty not the Media Module. I'm writing this message in the forums as the support page is not working. I am a member of the GoPro Plus.

Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Media Module Not Recognised but works on an identical GoPro.

[ New ]

Well since this is a public support forum, there's no one here that's going to be able to help you.  Admins will just tell you to contact customer support.

If you have a GoPro Plus account, make sure you log into your account first and then contact customer support.