Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 Media Mod clean HDMI feed (no status bar info) after restart of camera

In one of the previous posts a solution is provided how to enable a clean feed (without SD card and battery status) if the Hero 8 Media Mod is connect to HDMI out (https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Gopro-Hero-8-Media-Mod-HDMI-out-disable-OSD-Battery-meter-and...).

This solution works well, however, this has to be done after every restart of the camera in order to achieve a clean feed. Is there any possibility to store this setting so that the status bar information is per default not shown?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Media Mod clean HDMI feed (no status bar info) after restart of camera

Hello @schaifeim28376. Thanks for the feedback. We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users. We'll have this forwarded to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Media Mod clean HDMI feed (no status bar info) after restart of camera

Thank you for taking a look into this. My setup consists of a GoPro Hero 8 mounted in a fixed system where I would have to unmount the camera each time to change the settings for a clean feed. I hope you understand this is not a very practical option. The setup worked nicely with the GoPro Hero 7 since it provided a "LIVE" mode for the HDMI output.