Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 8 Keeps freezing

I got a Gopro hero 8 that keeps freezing will i record or crashes. i have formatted the SD card and reset the gopro setting and anyone help or tell me what to do?

Thank you 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Keeps freezing

Hello, @agilemesa84368. As @fishycomics inquired, it is important to determine what card you are using and how you formatted it. Are you using one of the recommended SD cards on this list? If you are, be sure to format the SD card in the camera. If the issue persists, try formatting the card on the computer following these steps

It is also important that the camera has the latest firmware. To be certain, we highly recommend doing a manual update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through it. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

what card.  how you formated and what type of format?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @agilemesa84368. As @fishycomics inquired, it is important to determine what card you are using and how you formatted it. Are you using one of the recommended SD cards on this list? If you are, be sure to format the SD card in the camera. If the issue persists, try formatting the card on the computer following these steps

It is also important that the camera has the latest firmware. To be certain, we highly recommend doing a manual update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through it. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi,

please tell us:

- what firmware has now the camera - the latest is 1.60 - preferable manual update

- as @fishycomics said, card type does matter, has to be a compatible card.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308

- what settings are you using when filming? the resolution, frame per second, lens, etc.

robert

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello all,

I have exactly the same issue when I shake my camera while recording, (i tried the 240 fps 1080p, and the 60 fps 1080p) it freezes.

Sometimes it came back to life after 15 seconds approx, and it says "recovering files". sometimes it does it successfully, sometimes it doesn't-

it started doing this around a month ago, while I was doing a hyper-lapse in a city, with my bike mount. 

At first i thought it was because of the vibrations, but now i start thinking that is a software issue.

Notes:

- i have just uploaded the firmware, V1.6

-i am using the card that comes with the GoPro pack, it is the SanDisk extreme, MicroSDHC, V30, A1

-i have formatted the card from both devices, camera, and computer

-i have reset my camera to default settings hoping this problem ended but it didn't

Please help me, it is my second Hero 8, the first one had a problem with the front display, I'm getting tired of all these problems.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @mateosurfing95. Does the freezing happen only when the camera is being shaken while recording? If freezing is not isolated to such a case, and you have already manually updated the camera and use a recommended card, the next step would be to engage our Support team. 

They will be assisting you with further troubleshooting so once you get to a representative, you may direct them to this thread for reference on what you have already done. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.