Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Hypersmooth Not Working Properly

[ New ]

I have just bought a GoPro Hero 8 Black and took it for its first run mountain biking today On my chin mount and it was fully tightened aswell, I had it set to the exact settings other people use for MTB where the footage looks perfect, these are 4K 30fps Superview, Hypersmooth low/normal, Low light N/A, High bit rate, iso min-100, Max-1600, WB-Auto, EV-0, Shutter-Auto, Sharp-Medium, Colour-Gopro, Wind-Auto. After reviewing my footage when going through trees and even where there is lots of light there is lots of shaking as if stabilisation isn't on except it definitely was as I checked every time I stopped. I did have a lens protector on which got fogged up a couple of times due to the cold, could this be it? I don't think so and I also used the correct hero 8 battery. Does anybody know what this is, or can help, and finally it isn't that the area I'm in is too dark as my old GP7 coped absolutely fine everywhere with none of this.

Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Hypersmooth Not Working Properly

[ New ]

Is it worth trying in 2.7k where you can use the higher hypersmooth rate ?

Is it possibly the way it is mounted to the bike, is there another position or mount on the bike you could try ?

I think generally you'd want a lower max iso to reduce sensor noise and also set the WB manually so it doesn't shift through your ride 

Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Hypersmooth Not Working Properly

[ New ]
Tried it with 2.7k and hyper smooth high aswell and still the same results, I did also try iso 800 and that was the same again but since this day I took off the old lens protector and put a new one on to see if it makes a difference, yet to try it.