Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 : Hiding the OSD faster

[ New ]

As mentioned in this thread here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Gopro-Hero-8-Media-Mod-HDMI-out-disable-OSD-Battery-meter-and...

Hiding the on-screen display of a GoPro's battery/storage info when piped thru OBS via the Media Mod and a capture card is finally achieved once you set up a live streaming account thru GoPro.com / Twitch / YouTube / etc. - only after setting this up and then just before saying 'Go Live' do I finally see those elements disappear from my camera feed.

My request is simple - GoPro: Can this be made easier? Why isn't there a simple toggle that can be enabled in the GoPro control panel via the app? This seems like a lot to go thru just for that item to work that way...

At this point w/ this being my first GoPro unit, this is my only complaint so far. Very minor overall, and ultimately I'm thankful to the GoPro community and to GoPro for creating a great and versatile camera. I hope that this minor nag of mine can hopefully be addressed in a future software update somehow. Looking forward to the Hero 9 and I miss the Hero5 Session b/c tiny cube cams are adorable.

IMG_8BC945C9BD4F-1.jpg
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 : Hiding the OSD faster

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @gabrlknght. We will pass this along to the team. Thanks!