Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Freeze and Won’t Turn on

[ New ]
I recently purchase my GoPro Hero 8 and it has been working great until I tried to boot it up a few days ago. Whenever I turn on the gopro, the beeps from the device turning on don't occur, and thr gopro goes into an endless freeze loop where it turns on for a second, then freezes and turns off and on again just to freeze again, or it doesn't reboot at all. 

Here's a video of what I mean.

https://youtu.be/UPx8-7vPVlo

I've tried using different batteries, hard restarting the go pro, no SD card and nothing works. I feel like it's an electrical mailfunction with the gopro. Any other ideas before I contact gopro's CS?
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Freeze and Won’t Turn on

[ New ]

Hello, @cleipelt. Freezing is an indication of an issue with the camera firmware or the SD card used in the camera. These troubleshooting steps will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey there thanks for the response. I don't know if you watched the video but I already checked out that link you sent and half the steps I can't do because of the GoPro freezing. It's not just a one time occurrence, it happens every time I try to turn it on. 

Im using a supported micro SD card, updated the firmware about a week before these problems started happening, and tried step 1 in that link, since it's literally the only one I can do in my situation. Still the same problem. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @cleipelt. In this case, the next step would be to engage our Support team. Please visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay, so I sent the broken GoPro back for an RMA replacement and they promised a new GoPro 8 once they diagnosed the broken one. Well just 5 minutes ago I recieved a package that I thoguht was the new GoPro but instead it's a $30 swivel mount that I didn't order? I tried to get ahold of someone in customer service but it's closed this time of day so I don't know who to contact... what's going on here?

GoPro

[ New ]

@cleipelt, is there a Support Case or RMA / Sales Order number that we can check?

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez 

RMA#  RMA-618102

GoPro

[ New ]

HI @cleipelt

We have limited access to the information here in the Support Hub.

From what I can see, we're just waiting for our warehouse team to acknowledge the receipt of your RMA package.

Once the item has been confirmed, the replacement order should ship out.

If you have further questions regarding your case, it will be best to reach out to our Support Team.

They are available during these times:

Monday to Friday6:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Saturday to Sunday7:00 AM to 4:00 PM

(GMT-07:00) Pacific Daylight Time (America/Los_Angeles)

Thanks!

Ej