Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 - Connects, can't see photo's.

[ New ]

Hello,

I just got a new computer. I tried to connect my GoPro Hero 8, but it won't show him. I looked in my device manager, and there he is.

( See picture below )

Why won't my computer show my GoPro?

I tried the cable of my external hard drive (usb-C to usb-C) and that works perfectly.

I tried the same setup on my 'old' computer, that works perfectly.

I tried the GoPro cable in my usb-hub (connected with usb-c to my computer), works perfectly.

I think there is a problem with my USB drivers, but they are all the most recent version.

My bios and windows too. I really don't get it.

Any tips for fixing it? Or just how to add my GoPro to my explorer? Many thanks!

GoPro Problem

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 - Connects, can't see photo's.

[ New ]

Hello, @matthiasw. Are you able to insert an SD card directly to your computer using an SD card adapter? This could be the way to get your GoPro media detected by your file explorer. See if Quik for desktop recognizes your GoPro files this way. You may also explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your footage. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @matthiasw

Check out the steps on Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable"

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Thanks for replying so fast!

Yes, I tried all these won't work. I also tryed your tip ("Disable" then "Enable"), this also didn't work.

I just did "Remove device" and conected the divice again.

Now my gopro is called "MTP USB Divice". ( I can fix this by connecting the gopro back with my external hard drives' usb-c cable )

Problem

So, my problem Is still here Smiley Sad

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @matthiasw

Click on the MTP Device.

Go to Properties then click the driver tab.

Disable then enable the device.

See if this works.

You may also try a different port or cable.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

I already did the "Enable & Disable" thing before, now I did it again. Still doesn't fix the problem.

Diffrent ports won't work, all USB 3.1 ports won't work. If I use my USB-C port, it works.

I tried 3 diffrent USB-3.0 to USB-C cables, none of them works.

I tried the same cables in my USB 3.0 to USB-C hub, all cables works.

I tried 2 diffrent USB-C to USB-C cables, both work.

I tried other devices ( My phone, other phone's, another non-action camera ), all these devices work perfectly.

I had all the last drivers installed for my USB-Controllers, I can't go back to an older driver beacouse the computer is about 1 month old (I don't have any 'old' or 'previous' drivers). So I can't test that, but I don't think thats the problem becouse it works perfect with all my other devices.

Thanks!

Matthias

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @matthiasw. Are you able to insert an SD card directly to your computer using an SD card adapter? This could be the way to get your GoPro media detected by your file explorer. See if Quik for desktop recognizes your GoPro files this way. You may also explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your footage.