Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Black touch screen issues

Having updated to 1.6 (manually) and factory reset,  several times ... the touch screen operates unusually.

Whilst some screens work perfectly ...

Mostly the touch screens only detect certain actions in certain places on the various screen layouts,  some screens better than others.

This is both consistent and repeatable ...

Areas such as buttons often only press on some of the button (the same part everytime)

Swipe up/swipe down only work from certain starting points (the same starting points everytime)

Swiping up scrolling lists sometimes actions a touch not a scroll which is really annoying as some of the back arrows don't press.

As an Android/iPhone developer,  if I was coding this,  I would suspect I had the touch layers in the wrong order/wrong place and hadn't tested the layouts/stacking properly.

Many thanks

utmy

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black touch screen issues

Hello, @utmy. We'd like to gather more details regarding the touch screen/button response issue that you are observing. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can help resolve your issue.