Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Hero 8 Black doesn’t record 9 out of 10 times

More than a week i have been trying to get in touch with GoPro by contacting GoPro support, but no one calls me back, shame one you. I’m a GOPRO PLUS member but don’t get the support i’m paying for
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black doesn’t record 9 out of 10 times

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @superdukewil. I was able to locate your case based on the email address associated with your Support Hub profile. There's currently an open ticket for your most recent callback request. One of our Support representatives will contact you as soon as they're available. 

We can also try a few troubleshooting steps to help out. Could you please tell us more about the issue?

The recording issue can be related to either a problem with the SD card being used or the camera itself. Try using a different SD card (if available). If it records fine, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @superdukewil. I was able to locate your case based on the email address associated with your Support Hub profile. There's currently an open ticket for your most recent callback request. One of our Support representatives will contact you as soon as they're available. 

We can also try a few troubleshooting steps to help out. Could you please tell us more about the issue?

The recording issue can be related to either a problem with the SD card being used or the camera itself. Try using a different SD card (if available). If it records fine, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here.

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for the answer, everything you suggest i have allready done several times; Bought extra SD card (prescribed by GoPro) and formatted the card in my Hero 8. Reinstald the firmware update manually by using an SD adaptor
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superdukewil

Were you able to test the camera after the troubleshooting steps were done?

If you continue to get the same, please let our Support Team know.

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, several times allready . GoPro support called me back. Camera is now sent to GoPro . Thank for your replies