Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Hero 8 Black Media Mod Mic Option disappear when connecting Mic

[ New ]

Hi there, 

i have the GoPro Hero 8 Black an the MediaMod. 

I want to use an external Rode Lavelier Mic. 

But when i plug it in the option to select the Microphon greys out! 

When i unplug it the option comes back and i can select the three options. 

I tried it with another Mic. Same Problem here. 

Hope that the problem sits behind the Kamera :D

Kind regards

Thomas 

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black Media Mod Mic Option disappear when connecting Mic

[ New ]

Ok, how stupid is that <- not me :D

in contrast to everything i read and saw (on YouTube) about the GoPro MediaMod and the menu Options in the Hero 8 Black you just cannot select a mic option when you connect a TRS Cable (Mic, or Mic-Adapter, doesnt matter) to the 3,5mm.

it just works great - BUT - you cannot switch anything. 

So, i saw and read that you would be able to select the + option if you would need to power up the mic. 

well, one thing is better - and i will definitve make a youtube video (TomTuT.de) on my channel about that. 

While you record you can just plug in the TRS Mic, wait 2sec, and talk through it. 

Even unplug it, wait 2sec, and you can talk over the MediaMod.

So, while recording you can plug you in and unplug if you want. the software switches live and that is great! 

i ordered, today, the Rode Wireless Go. 

With this setup - i am free to go and i will do a review, as i mentioned above, on my channel. 

So, thank you :) 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

i know that Part https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/External-Microphone-Recommendations/ta-p/390259

and i have an TRRS to TRS Adaptor but as soon as i plug it in - the option in the GoPro Menu for selecting the Microphone greys out. 

So - the wind and Micro Option is not selectable <- is this an english word?

i resettet to factory defaults - still doesnt work

Short in german:

Sobald ich das Rode Lav Mic anstecke, ja mit dem Adapter, werden die Menüpunkte grau. Ich kann dann nichts mehr auswählen. 

Kamera habe ich auf Werkeinstellunge gesetzt - keine Änderung

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok, how stupid is that <- not me :D

in contrast to everything i read and saw (on YouTube) about the GoPro MediaMod and the menu Options in the Hero 8 Black you just cannot select a mic option when you connect a TRS Cable (Mic, or Mic-Adapter, doesnt matter) to the 3,5mm.

it just works great - BUT - you cannot switch anything. 

So, i saw and read that you would be able to select the + option if you would need to power up the mic. 

well, one thing is better - and i will definitve make a youtube video (TomTuT.de) on my channel about that. 

While you record you can just plug in the TRS Mic, wait 2sec, and talk through it. 

Even unplug it, wait 2sec, and you can talk over the MediaMod.

So, while recording you can plug you in and unplug if you want. the software switches live and that is great! 

i ordered, today, the Rode Wireless Go. 

With this setup - i am free to go and i will do a review, as i mentioned above, on my channel. 

So, thank you :)