Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black Losing 2nd half of file after 5:20 Bug (video included)

@runbei wrote:

With my tests I was careful to give the camera time to do its thing after stopping the video, maybe that's a factor (not pressing other options before the file is saved). ?

what do you mean?

I do not think you are doing something wrong....camera should follow his own sequence of saving, closing files, power off.... and not listen to other commands till this is done.

Highlighted
Hiker

Runbei. are you/were you using the sd card provided by gopro when the you lost the footage? Or were you using a different card?
Highlighted
Hiker

I was using the SD card provided by GoPro. After all the other tests I've done I'm pretty sure the loss of footage was due to some kind of user error (mine). I might not have given the Hero 8 enough time to save both files, or I might have done a long press to start the recording (recording a timelapse instead of straight footage). ??? At any rate, all the other tests worked fine.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes I'm trying to reproduce it now and I can't but there's something definitely fishy going on with this firmware that needs to be addressed.
Highlighted
Hiker

I did "reset" the camera back to defaults and it hasn't happened since. Ill be sure to report back if it occurs again. Never had this happen on my hero 7. 😭