Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 Black HyperSmooth glitchy

Hi all,

First off, thanks to all of the awesome people that stay across this forum and ensure a vibrant community and network full of support and guidance. You're all winners in my book.

I bought my Hero 8 Black a solid week ago now, and have already filmed give or take three hour-and-a-bit long videos on it. Most of them turned out beautifully, with 4K60 and HyperSmooth enabled on the latest 01.20 firmware. It currently has a SanDisk Extreme (UHS-1 U3 / V30) A2 64GB microSD card in it, which is in the list of approved SD cards for the Hero 8 Black.

However, in my second to last video, something very strange happened. I've uploaded a YouTube clip of this happening. At about 22 minutes through the video, it starts to jar, snap, and distort in all kinds of strange ways. The entire video was 35 minutes long, and it was filmed on a motorcycle at a mixture of open road speeds and slower speeds. It wasn't a particularly cold morning, but it may have been around the 14-16 degree (Celsius) mark. I haven't seen this on any of the other videos I've recorded, but I remember seeing a strange image in one of the frames of another video - I'll attach that here. 

I've seen another post discuss limitations and considerations when using HyperSmooth, but I feel that this might be a bit more serious than that. Does anyone have any guidance here?

BF9FC80F-5BB2-443E-8AD3-AD3857C57C55.jpeg

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black HyperSmooth glitchy

Hi @demotion

Sorry for the delay in response.

Did the issue happen again?

There is a chance that the file got corrupted.

Please try running a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update

Do a some test recordings and see if it happens again.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej