Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 8 Black Battery discharged overnight

[ New ]

Using the Gopro Hero 8 with media mod installed, Version 2.0. I fully charged my Gopro prior to bed, intending on using it in the morning. By the time I attempted to turn on the camera the next day, the battery was completely dead and would only turn on when plugged in. Granted, I do have the WIFI function tuned on, but the voice function turned off, and turned off the majority of the battery draining settings, but that should not mean that battery would be drained in less than 24 hours. Is there anything else I should be looking at, or should I be asking you for a replacement battery? 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black Battery discharged overnight

[ New ]

Hi @submerged1986

How was the battery charged? Did you use a wall charger or was it connected to a computer?

Does the battery drain if it’s been removed from the camera? Charge the battery to full, remove the battery, leave it out of the camera for up to 24 hours, insert the battery, and check the charge level.

Can you also help us with the following: Camera version, SD card

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

@submerged1986 wrote:

Using the Gopro Hero 8 with media mod installed, Version 2.0. I fully charged my Gopro prior to bed, intending on using it in the morning. By the time I attempted to turn on the camera the next day, the battery was completely dead and would only turn on when plugged in. Granted, I do have the WIFI function tuned on, but the voice function turned off, and turned off the majority of the battery draining settings, but that should not mean that battery would be drained in less than 24 hours. Is there anything else I should be looking at, or should I be asking you for a replacement battery? 

Try it with the Wifi off.  It's still a radio and it's still on, using power.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @fastrange25488

Please test if the drain is still observed when the battery is out of the camera.

If it's still the same, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 
Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej