Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Battery Door

[ New ]

The battery door on our GoPro Hero 8 is sealed shut.  I was able to pry it open with a screwdriver to charge the battery, but each time I close it is gets stuck.  I am starting to damage the battery door now having to use so much force to get it open.  What can I do to get it fixed or repaired?

Scott Etheredge

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Battery Door

[ New ]

@etheredgefamily, We try to help out as best as we can. If you contact our Support Team, they'll be able to look further into options on how we can assist. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Battery Door

[ New ]

Here's a video to show you how to open and close the battery door.  I'm not saying youre not doing it properly, however the first thing support will ask you is how you're opening it and closing it, so best to have that in hand.

To request a replacement door, contact GoPro support directly using the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of the page.