Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Battery Door Help

So I just got a GoPro Hero 8 and I can’t help but notice that the end of the battery door doesnt seem to be as “closed” as it should be. In the photo you can see it hangs a little over the end. Yes I’m well aware on how to properly open and close this compartment. I’ve also tried both with and without the battery inserted. The side and the other end look perfectly fine and there is no red showing, but this little overhang has me worried on if I can take this underwater or if I have to get a replacement door first. So is this fine or should I be looking at getting a replacement door?IMG_0660.jpgimage0.jpeg

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Battery Door Help

Please post a picture of the side of the camera too showing the battery door.  This will show if the door is closed properly or maybe bent.

Highlighted
Tourist

Here it is.
image.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

To be safe, I would look at getting a replacement door.  There shouldn't be any overhang like that and it's most likely the door was slightly bent during production.  Contact GoPro directly using the "contact us" option at the bottom of the page.