Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Audio digitized/garbled, any way to repair it?

[ New ]

Hi!

Today, "take two" of a video we are making. Take one the audio was fine.  On this one, our dialog was much smoother, and then the GoPro 8 audio failed.  Is there any way to recover the garbled audio and how do we avoid this in the future?

All feedback gratefully appreciated.

Patti

Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Audio digitized/garbled, any way to repair it?

[ New ]

You should post a link to a clip of the video with the garbled audio so we can hear what the issue is.  Garbled audio can have many different causes.  Where you using an external microphone?  If so, are you using a proper GoPro adapter or Media mod?  Did you have wind reduction turned on (which can make audio sound more digitized than anything).

Tourist

[ New ]

Can you recommend someplace not public where I can post the video? I trimmed it, now sure why GoPro's site won't let us upload a video, only still images?

Just used Hero8's microphone in close quarters inside our camper van.

Patti

Tourist

[ New ]

File is only about 30K post trim. Can I email it to you?

Nomad

[ New ]

30K?  That's far too small to contain any video info, let alone audio info.  Think about it, the average mp3 would be 3MB in size.  You're saying a video file with audio is only .03mb?

You can post to "youtube" as an unlisted file and post the link here.  I can let you know what I hear and what I think the issue is, and then you can delete the file if that works?

Nomad

[ New ]

You can also check out my YouTube Channel and make contact via there if you don't want to post the link in as public a forum as here:

https://youtu.be/Wx50phZ3a-0 

Adventurer

[ New ]

The total size of this upload is larger than the maximum size allowed: 524288000.

gopro files on here are allowed or use   online sharesites like googledrive. tinypic etc.

Tourist

[ New ]

OK, here's the link to the 30KB sample.

Any idea what happened or if it's salvageable? Or more importantly, how to avoid in the future?  I rerecorded on my Sony alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cSfew0Qgxg&feature=youtu.be

Get occasional updates of our lives on our brand new Instagram account: @elliptivango-----Our Gear-----Elliptigo 11R ~ https://amzn.to/2TvWfXQElliptigo SUB ~...