Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 to fill whole phone screen

Hey.

I've been seeing a lot of footage lately on Gopro's instagram account where the footage seems to fill out the whole screen of my phone vertically. Are they shooting this on portrait mode or cropping from a 4:3?

What's the easiest way/settings to make my footage be the size of a phone screen / fill up my instagram stories without black bars?

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 to fill whole phone screen

[ Edited ]

You can record in portrait, and/or when using the Quik Mobile app, you can choose Portrait (the other options are Square and Cinema). Recording in 4:3 is the best resolution to use for this if you are recording in the standard Up or Down orientation, but it will also work in 16:9. Be sure to use the crop feature in Quik to line up your subject correctly.

BTW: YouTube also now supports the Portrait videos.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ Edited ]

You can record in portrait, and/or when using the Quik Mobile app, you can choose Portrait (the other options are Square and Cinema). Recording in 4:3 is the best resolution to use for this if you are recording in the standard Up or Down orientation, but it will also work in 16:9. Be sure to use the crop feature in Quik to line up your subject correctly.

BTW: YouTube also now supports the Portrait videos.

GoPro

@royalwater20057, these are good suggestions from @danielr15. Let us know how it works for you.