Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 skeleton window leaking

Hey Hey,

I have been using the Hero7 Black for several months. Works fine most of the time. When it doesn't it is propbably operator error.

I mostly take videos and photos in the surf. Waves crashing, limited depth (usually less than 5m), bit of movement with the water, sand, etc. I switch between video & photos in the water - that is easy as it only requires pressing the on/off button on the side.

I like the feel of the supersuit - on the floating hand grip & on a wrist strap. I do prefer to change some of the settings whilst in the water.

The backdoors of the supersuit do not enable any settings to be changed whilst in the water.

The skeleton backdoor does.

However, I have had no success using the skeleton backdoor as water always (yes, every time) enters into supersuit & the lens area & around the camera generally. The lens is covered by water & commonly the camera ceases to operate. I have constantly removed the white rectangular seals & washed, cleaned & dried them. I have placed the camea in the supersuit with the skeleton backdoor in fresh water at home - it still leaks.

It seems to me that the depth of the 2 grey/black foam lines along the legth of the backdoor & skeleton backdoor differ. The difference is marginal. I do not have the means to measure it.

I can, of course, revert to using the backdoor - I will lose the ability to change settings whisly in the water. Alternatively, I can use the Hero7 without the supersuit - occasionally the water or sand or both enter the tiny gaps in button areas and cause malfunctions, or the camera is more prone to the pressure of the water and changes modes.

I want to use the skeleton backdoor because I want to change settings in the water & still have the protection.

Does anyone have any constructive comments or suggestions on how to remedy this?

Many thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 skeleton window leaking

Hello, @paulr6122. To continue using the Super Suit with the waterproof door, try the following steps: 

• To change Modes (video, photo, time lapse) press the side Mode/power button when the camera is not recording.
  • To access settings, press the Mode/power button and Shutter simultaneously when the camera is not recording and the settings menu will display on the front LCD.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @paulr6122. To continue using the Super Suit with the waterproof door, try the following steps: 

• To change Modes (video, photo, time lapse) press the side Mode/power button when the camera is not recording.
  • To access settings, press the Mode/power button and Shutter simultaneously when the camera is not recording and the settings menu will display on the front LCD.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya,

Thanks for that.

I regularly use the Mode/Power button to change the mode of image being taken. I did become comfortable with that some time ago. The 1st suggestion is a good idea but is one that I have been using from the start.

I am a little unclear about the 2nd suggestion. I will try that to see what it delivers. My issue is being in a position to change the settings in the water rather than see the settings. I can see the settings easily enough. However, I am unsure which of these you mean.

Thanks though,

P

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the reply, @paulr6122. The settings referred to in the second suggestion includes (for Video mode, for example) aspect ratio, resolution, frame rate, field of view, among others. In addition to being able to change modes, you can change specific settings under each mode even underwater.