Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 lens cap

My wife gave me a GoPro Hero 7 camera for Christmas.  It's my third GoPro camera.   It is wonderful to see how the product has improved over the years.  What I don't understand is - why does the Hero 7 come without a lens cap, and screen protectors?  Especially the lens cap - how am I going to keep it from getting scratched unless all I do is set it down on my desk to look at it.  It's going to get scratched just taking it in and out of whatever case I use for it, not to mention - a coat pocket.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 lens cap

The GoPro Hero 7 is designed to be scratch resistant.  With my GoPro Hero 6, I picked up a lens cover and screen protector combo for less than 7 dollars.  Some people use these, some people don't.  I guess GoPro don't include such items as standard in order to keep consumer costs down.  Plus realise that the GoPro Hero 7 Black comes with a removable lens cover to protect the actual lens itself.  So if that gets scratched you can just remove said protector and replace it.  You can buy directly from GoPro HERE.  I've never had to do so though as I keep my GoPro's protected in a case or usually in a supersuit.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 lens cap

The GoPro Hero 7 is designed to be scratch resistant.  With my GoPro Hero 6, I picked up a lens cover and screen protector combo for less than 7 dollars.  Some people use these, some people don't.  I guess GoPro don't include such items as standard in order to keep consumer costs down.  Plus realise that the GoPro Hero 7 Black comes with a removable lens cover to protect the actual lens itself.  So if that gets scratched you can just remove said protector and replace it.  You can buy directly from GoPro HERE.  I've never had to do so though as I keep my GoPro's protected in a case or usually in a supersuit.