Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

Hello,

I had the video options set to 2.7k with 60 fps. I also turned on the 'quick capture' option. So everytime I press the button on top of the GoPro, my camera starts recording in video mode, which is what I want. The hypersmooth stabilisation was working at this point.

Later on I set the default mode option, for when turning the camera on, on Timewarp mode. So every time I turn my GoPro on (with the button on the side), the default capture mode is on Timewarp.
This option, for some reason, causes my GoPro to not use Hypersmooth stabilisation anymore for video recording.

I don't know how this is caused and would like to hear if more people have this problem.
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

With the Timewarp mode there is no stabilization option.  When viewing the Timewarp Video Settings, select the speed and if you select 5x it states to the left of that "Speed up and stabilize your video by 5x" same thing for 2x and so on.  There is nothing wrong with your camera, there is simply no option to choose the stabilization type.

Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

So waht you just said you defaulted to timeWarp. and when switch to video the Hypersmooth is no longer  working

Hiker

Yes this is what's going on.
I set my GoPro settings back to factory settings and then there are no problems.

Again I set the default mode on Timewarp and then with video mode (2.7k, 60 fps) the Hypersmooth stabilisation is not working again. Really strange bug.

Please try to set the same settings on your GoPro hero 7 to see if you guys have the same problem.
Hiker

This is not the problem. What @fishycomics states is the problem I have.
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Right I am  trying to understand first.  Set H7  default mode to timewarp. set up my  video settings to "

FOV ???
EIS to Auto (hypersmooth)

Protune on or off?  On at what other settings used

Uncertain if Audio is  auto, wind, stereo?

Or are we saying Timearp has no stabilzation?   

why I am trying to understand.  Coffee in hand

Hiker

Default mode: Timewarp (4k, 10x, wide)

Video settings:
60 fps
Wide view
Protune: off

Quickcapture: on (so GoPro is recording video when using the top button)

The problem is; Timewarp is working without a problem.
Only with the settings stated above, the video recording doesn't use hypersmooth stabilisation.
Adventurer

@epicbluff05215 wrote:
Default mode: Timewarp (4k, 10x, wide)

Video settings:
60 fps
Wide view
Protune: off

Quickcapture: on (so GoPro is recording video when using the top button)

The problem is; Timewarp is working without a problem.
Only with the settings stated above, the video recording doesn't use hypersmooth stabilisation.

I did a sample based on the info you  gave. did you forget to say what yourlow level was on or off, why I asked for each setting,   Imagine of the issue lies in preference gps On?   just saying.  I know its difficult to look at the camera and   write it down Lol.. stand by for my sample 

2.7K FOW W EIS HS on  low light off, gps off, VC off. QC used and Mode on used.

Timewarp 4KW 10X default, Mode on time warp , then  swiped to  video and  sampled there as well.  If I left out a detail let me know.