Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

Got it. Thank you, @fishycomics. We'll be watching out for replies on this thread then. But the issue has already been reported. I will post for updates once I hear back from the team. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

@mariustanyaMy camera is also at the latest 1.51 firmware.  And what you summarized is correct.  Please let us know once you have a solution.  Thanks.

Hiker

Thank you everyone for doing the tests and thank you @fishycomics for making the video. I couldn't make a video right now because I am travelling at the moment.

It's good the problem is recognized along other people and hope GoPro fixes the bug!
Adventurer

@epicbluff05215 wrote:
Thank you everyone for doing the tests and thank you @fishycomics for making the video. I couldn't make a video right now because I am travelling at the moment.

It's good the problem is recognized along other people and hope GoPro fixes the bug!

NP  I am going  the extra mile on this (old saying) and lets hope to hear what our Mod, and the Team in charge are going to say if they say anything.  so stay tuned for another video that hit me after I retired last night.

Tourist

I did 2 videos recording with the same configuration of default mode timewarp and recording using quick capture.  It looks like the reported problem of not having hypersmooth in the videos are resolved now with the 1v.61 update.  Please confirm and verify.  Thanks.

Sightseer

same here, hero7 black:

NO HYPERSMOOTH on 1.61 at all while launching VIDEO (4k 60fps) with the quick capture button on the upper right side.

Preset is timewarp.

PLEASE FIX.

Hiker

I'm seeing this problem but it only happens on 2.7k@60fps.  My default mode is video, firmware 1.61

https://youtu.be/D9p1Nf1nQVU

For some reason 60fps gives me a wobble.
GoPro

Hello @troyg75706. There has been another update on the HERO7 Black firmware. Make sure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version which is v1.70 and observe again. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!