Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

Haha okay here my settings again;

Video settings:
FOV: W
EIS: HS
Low light: on

General settings:
GPS: off
VC: H.264 + HEVC
QC: Timewarp

Timewarp settings: 4k, Wide, 10x

The problem:
When I use QC, which starts video recording, the Hypersmooth stabilisation does not work.
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 hypersmooth stabilisation not working with certain default mode option

[ Edited ]

See I asked how many times I have already made the video si  its not there if asked  now I have to do it again because we yes I left off low light go figure (ha ha ha)   so could low light be hte issue?  

see if your QC = Video it would not be timewarp.   its video only and timelapse photo only not timewarp.

Hiker

Yes I had low light turned on, so that might cause the problem.
Tourist

I can confirm I have the same issue reported here as well.  I tried with both 1080 and 2.7k.  I have protune turned on and ISO is set to 800.  So my low light setting is n/a.  Based on the icon though, it is turned on.  If my default mode is video, there is no problem at all.  However, if my default mode is time-warp.  And I use quick capture to record videos, there is no hypersmooth.  This is indeed a strange bug.  I will test it out with a different ISO so I can turn off low light as @fishycomics showed in the video to confirm tomorrow.  Will report back.

Hiker

Please also test it out with protune turned off, with lowlight turned on automatic.
With these settings the Hypersmooth is also not working with video recording. (Default camera mode is on Timewarp again)
Adventurer

I'll also do the test again   later  

Highlighted
Adventurer

2.7K60f fov wide low light auto  Hypersmooth Auto,  default timewarp, use quick capture  desables Hypersmooth confirmed. now how   is gopro going to handle this.  some one has to address htis to gopro   who do we call  Ghost busters????

see video  anyone else can try it out and see  for themselves.   this must be sent int to gopro not your camera.

Tourist

More like 'GoPro busters' is what we need.  I did a round of 1080 with protune on and off and low light auto vs off on the commute to work.  i haven't check the footage yet as I am at work.  I will do another round with 2.7k tonight on the commute back home.  However, as @fishycomics already confirmed, I am pretty sure my test will just be a validation of the bug.  Should be easy fix for GoPro with a firmware update if they care to address it.