Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 bluetooth headset support?

[ New ]

I have 1 simple question which has been asked a ton of times already but since there's new models announced I was wondering if GoPro will finally support any bluetooth enabled headset as an external microphone?

In my case I would like to use the Schuberth SCU10 motorcycle communication system as a microphone.

The headset is built-in to my helmet. The camera would be on my handlebar.

I do not wish to use any adapters as that will make my camera not waterproof anymore.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 bluetooth headset support?

[ New ]

Hi @snowybluff236

The Bluetooth connection of the HERO7 is not compatible for audio devices or external microphones.

This is mainly for the GoPro app and some GoPro devices (ex. Remo, Smart Remote).

Best Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
GoPro should change this asap. People like bikers have their built in headset + device in their helmets nowadays and don't want to use another special device or cable bound mic from GoPro.
I was thinking about buying the 7th Gen of GP but since it's still not compatible with external devices I have to skip it as well like the last ones. Will stick to my GP Hero 4 Black + Sena BT Device until GP will fix this.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @megagorge65530

We appreciate your feedback.

Rest assured this has been raised to the team in charge.

Please continue to check our website for the next updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Dear Ej, same canned response for this issue all over the boards. Same results as well... None. The evidence is clear. We hate your proprietary and, let's be honest, dangerous gopro branded solutions. The Bluetooth microphone needs to be added to the firmware of all capable devices. The way these cameras are used we need to be lightweight and cable free for the safety of the device and the people using it.
Hiker

[ New ]

It would be sweet if GoPro could support the BlueTooth signal from the Hooke Verse 3D binaural BlueTooth mics. Best sounding mics I have used and what I currently use with my H7B via the huge ProMicAdapter brick.

Imagine the possibilities that this would create for your H7B market. Gosh, we could even put the H7B on a gimbal and not have to listen to the whirl of the gimbal motors.

Sure, battery life would be even less with the additional BT drain, but then most professionals use external USB power packs anyway to run our GoPros.

Hiker

[ New ]

@Ej - What exactly does this mean:

"Rest assured this has been raised to the team in charge."

Because the team in charge has known how badly the user community wants this feature since the Hero 5.  Countless posts exist in this and other forums on the topic dating back for years.  There's been no action on the issue - not even a statement with any real content in it - on the matter from GoPro, ever.

If you're passing along messaging you can include this:  I will NEVER purchase that awful audio adpater for the 5/6/7.  *NEVER*.  It's a hideous brick that forces me to lose all the sealing on my camera.  The price just adds to the insult.  I record audio via Bluetooth to my phone (in my waterproof pocket) and sync it up later.  Takes 30 seconds in any editor.

Whatever accesory sales you guys think you're protecting by not implementing this feature are imaginary IMHO.  Meanwhile the Garmin VIRB already has this feature (and you know the Yi guys will be on it too) which is causing me to seriously think about returning my Hero 7...

Hiker

[ New ]

LMAO at the GoPro Team response "Rest assured this has been raised to the team in charge."

I say BS because Hooke Verse has been trying to send GoPro their Hooke Verse codec for 3 years and, I quote "GoPro has never expressed an interest, but we (Hooke) will keep trying".

WTF, here is a company willing to share their amazing bluetooth mic & codec engineering skills with you .... and GoPro just ignores them.

All I can say is shame on you Nick.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Has there been any movement on this improvement that is much needed? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes - over at Garmin.  The Virb 360 has it and it works beautifully.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Perfect, thanks. I just ordered a few of their cameras instead of the GoPro. 

GoPro, if you're monitoring this, please catch up to Garmin's capabilities soon. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
I would like to also have Bluetooth support for my lightspeed Zulu 2 headset. Please add support for headsets.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have a GP Hero 4 and just saw this SENA audio pack Part #: GP10-02...So with this SENA  audio pack, could connect my schuberth helmet mic and start making vidieos that tie in my voice?

Here is my next question.  If I wanted to make my life simple do I just move on to the

10C Pro Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera & Communication System

Tourist

[ New ]
Guys.. it's all about marketing! If they put BT support, they won't sell their expensive adapter.
They won't sell license to other companies such as Sena etc to make bluetooth adapters and so on...
So don't expect to see this happening :/
Tourist

[ New ]
Also i've managed to steal audio from sena's Aux port!!! It usea a 4pin trs plug which 2 of them are for audio in and 2 for audio out.
As you know Aux port is for audio in, mp3 players gps etc but also for CB audio comms
Tourist

[ New ]
**bleep** isnt there an edit button? Anyway, what have happend is this:
When someone speaks from intercomm or voice from sena menu etc is recorded normally! Low quality but acceptable!
The problem starts when i speak from my sena mic. It starts a buzzz sound which is as i understand (wiring tricks with resistant capacitors etc, electric stuff :/) the command for CB radios to start transmitting! The known Push to talk function!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I will return this cra..p because it is useless for a motorcyclist user. Garmin my next target, never again gopro.

Sightseer

[ New ]

The competition is doing it...  making it easy to interconnect.  That's a big advantage.

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree with the comments made to GoPro by many customers over a long period of time, that they should deliver connectivity to the built-in microphone in Bluetooth helmets. It’s a big disappointment that this hasn’t yet been done, despite all the strong support for this development from GoPro’s loyal customers.

Tourist

[ New ]

Doesn't matter, if no one buys them they are slated to go bankrupt before the end of 2019 anyways.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Why on Earth does it not support bluetooth. Just bought my camera yesterday, but will return it if this turns out to be the issue. I do wilderness blooging and Im absolutley depending on beeing able to have a external wireless microphone then I place the camera a distance away from we in windy conditions or with a lot of background noise. 

Shame on Go Pro. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I don’t know the basis for the comment that GoPro are likely to go bust, but their failure to respond to this thread does suggest that they are not interested in the needs of their customers and that they may not be investing sufficiently in R & D. It’s too late for me to take my GoPro back, but I’m beginning to regret buying it. One vlogger that I follow on YouTube - The Missenden Flyer - uses a GoPro 4 rather than a Hero 7 Black because it has a simpler, more streamlined solution for using an external microphone. It’s not promising when newer technology has fewer or worse features than the technology it replaces. 

Also, the GoPro Hero 7 Black does not interface with the BMW Navigator satnav on my motorcycle, whereas other action cameras do - an important safety feature.

Sightseer

[ New ]

What we should do is get together and make a YouTube video about it. My channgel is YMSETJENSTA. I guess  threads like this will be closed down. 

I also believe that a lot of the vlogger that gave the camera good review had benifts from Go Pro. But just send me a message on youtube and we could have a global collab on youtube. That would be awesome.

I also feel that I wasted 200 dollars on the instamic.

Explorer

[ New ]
@ymsetjenesta This post has been up for 9 months, yet you want to get conspiracy crazy and predict that the thread will be shut down?

But you know what, you all are right! A company selling a product that doesn't fit your need, and that doesn't list your need as a feature, are horrible and shameful! BOOO GoPro BOOOO! Creating, and then advancing the Action Camera market year after year while also giving back to communities and less fortunate through GoPro for a cause, easily makes GoPro the worst company ever!

And, did you hear? The nerve of GoPro! I have no idea what the specifics are or what really was entailed, BUT THAT EVIL company GoPro didn't accept a specific 3rd party codec to allow a specific 3rd party company to exclusively be able to provide a bluetooth solution for GoPro cameras! Shame! This company, with all the goodness in their heart, just wanted to give to GoPro with no personal return in site. And mean old GoPro just spat in their face. For no reason either! Just for the fun of spitting in people's faces. I know this just like all of you because, well, because I just know everything. Just like you guys! Harrumph Harrumph Harrumph!

And look at how GoPro ignores us! If I didn't have my woobie to comfort me, the separation anxiety would be overwhelming!

I mean sure, this is a member to member support community and yes, GoPro moderators did reply to this thread....BUT I WANT MORE!!! I didn't hear what I wanted to hear so I'm going to say something completely false to make myself feel better. Something that sounds smart, like, "their failure to respond to this thread does suggest that they are not interested in (MY) needs"!!!!!

Come on guys, agree with me to make me feel better. We should make videos together! Come on guys, we could work out first and oil up so our muscles are bulging! We could make mean faces into the camera! I'm an aging old man, but I look tough....like an outlaw on my motorcycle! Grrrr, Give me my Bluetooth GoPro! I need to motorvlog!

I'm sure nobody has ever thought of, or ever mentioned wanting Bluetooth mic support in a video before. We can be sooo original!

I FEEL SOOOO IGNORED! X (

Honestly. I went out and blindly purchased something that made absolutely no claim to be able to do what I wanted it to do, and you know what???!!!!!
IT DOESN'T DO IT!!!! I AM SOOO ANGRY!!!!

And, to make matters worse. Even though GoPro hasn't released their new cameras yet (Expected Sept/Oct 2019), I just know in my gut that they are making absolutely NO progress on this! Why haven't they come over to my house and fixed my camera yet?!!! They never said it could connect to my bluetooth devices....SO IT SHOULD! NOW!!!!
Adventurer

[ New ]

way to go on that one @danielr15   the Forum site rested assured, made an Arse  out of us all.    Yi Abandoned the scene .  I am sure it is of importance for all to have perfect sound, on an Action camera, meant for what.?

YEs I like to see a wireless mic but I first like to see them clean up the Issues they have with the Promic adapter.  I also love to see them  bring back a 3.5mm adapter but  I will fin another way to get wireless sound on here

Maybe a Rhode Go and adapter and Cut the wire to your length. and you got a Solution but  always that Butt

Explorer

[ New ]
Always that Butt..... xD
Adventurer

[ New ]

COuld not agree more.  Ratehr rely on gopro t ocome out just mod your camera but if this was super important it be a lot more then a select few...

Sightseer

[ New ]

Great rant. I feel your pain. I just got a Hero 7 Black for father’s day. There is NO EXCUSE that only way to get audio in is with that dongle that is bigger than the entire camera, requires a $400 water proof camera not to be water proof, and no way to use external power and audio in. As a novice I will not need the external microphone right now. I am a techie it will be soon.

The only answer is wireless. If GoPro cannot come to terms with the Bluetooth community maybe it need to be a Wi-Fi microphone.
My experience in this situation is GoPro has some very proprietary software in their cameras and making Bluetooth to meet GoPro standards they would have to reveal secrets.

The way I see it if GoPro just accepts Bluetooth as it is and come up with a software update for audio stabilization as good as their image stabilization