Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 battery door not flush

I have the same issue camera just out of the box , I can hear the door sound when I close it but still have not completely closed 

Highlighted
Adventurer

if it is not right get it resolved. return get a new move on'

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sprylift58

Please check out the video on this link.

Should it still be the same, as suggested, please refer to the same store/channel you got the camera from.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs      

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Tengo el miso problema y acá en Colombia para evitar dar la garantía las tiendas tienden a dar un grupo de excusas para no dar la garantía, en ese caso que puedo hacer? no llevo sino un mes de uso de la Hero 7 Black
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ralphiustv

You may reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

In my new GoPro Hero 7 Black delivered 3 days back by amazon, the battery door is so hard to open, the press button lock doesnt release smoothly causing my thumb or finger to slip and thus not open and then when it does finally open, the button on the flipped out lid seems to be still in a depressed condition. Is this normal ?. When closing the lid back exactly as supposed to, the button sometimes remains slight depressed. So i have to slide it back open and shut it once more the get it flush. Other times when im lucky it does sit flush and clicks closed in one move.

Its funny how i see so many people complaining but GoPro replies only non committal without a hint also that they will (or your entitled) give you a replacement. Its just vague statements such as "we will try to figure tihs out together", "take it to the store so you can see how to solve this", "contact our team so we can discuss about this". Whats there to discuss, its clearly a flaw in the production line and happens because in 1000 units not all of them will have 100% perfection in all aspects, there is chance for marginal variations which can cause such problems. But the company should ethically stand behind its product, esp when they brand it as "tough as nails". Looks like they want to give you a bandaid and send you on your way.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @discob7

For reference, you may also check HERO8 Black - How to Operate the Side Door

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

So, it said there is a solution somewhere In the posts? I read both pages, watched the videos- and yes I followed the proper method for closing the door. I had two Blk 7s and sold the one That was 2 months older and started using the newer one and within a day or two I noticed the door, my other identical model 7 Black’s door shut flush so I am stuck with one I do not trust to even have in light rain. It is a defect and I don’t accept “oh a little water gets in the waterproof camera, but it won’t hurt” I paid $330+ tax plus all the extras, seems like if there’s this many people just on this forum with issue, lots on YouTube that GoPro is aware. I don’t buy top end stuff like this ever I was so excited and told everyone to get one etc... now Best case, I will wait weeks for a resolution and end up with a refurbished unit which will probably have a different issue. Really disappointed in GoPro. They must be letting their standards slide due to their market share and lack of competition...

I tried uploading my pics from my iPhone library onto this post and it says invalid extension but trust me it’s the same if not worse, especially by the hinge on the door.