Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 White leaking

[ New ]
So the Hero 7 White we got our daughter for Christmas was working great. Couple of days skateboarding, couple day of quad riding, some rock climbing... all seemed well. Then we take it on vacation... and it’s starts leaking. We’re not scuba diving, heck not even snorkeling... wea half hour of water slide activity the lens area is showing signs of water inside. The videos are terrible blurry due to the water. We try to make due but it’s a list cause. Thanks goodness my IPhone 10 Max could save the day. Now the problem is... we have a day at Discovery Cove booked... swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling and the undersea adventure. And now we have a supposedly “waterproof” camera that isn’t 🤬. We broke down and went to Best Buy in Orlando and bought a Hero 8 Black ($300.00 plus 69.00 for a dual battery charger). Money that we should have been able to spend on our daughter we spent to replace the faulty GoPro Hero 7. I’ll admit the 8 Black did an amazing job at Discovery Cove.... it’s just too bad the 7 White let us down. GoPro this isn’t the first I’ve read about issues with this unit, please advise what we should do with this.
image.jpg
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 White leaking

[ New ]

Hi @heroicrang40405

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have the camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Same thing happened to me today. Hero 7 white. Took it in our 4 foot pool and the lense is now full of water.
20210702_223631.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@spiryjump715, we want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]
Well that was a waste of time.
Tourist

[ New ]
Well I have to admit GoPro has made good on this camera. They contacted me about this issue. I provided them with the requested paperwork, they sent me a MRA and I promptly shipped it to them. Within in two weeks a brand spanking new Hero 7 White was in our possession. It works great. We do only use it for dry conditions though. We reserve the Hero 8 Black for anyplace it may get wet.
Thanks GoPro!!