Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 This folder is empty Error

Hi there, today a spent a great day shooting underwater. Files were working cause I checked them a few times. Then on the way back home I grabbed the camera (switched off) and it was completely hoverheated. I switched it on and it was working but didn't check the files nor recorded anything.

Once at home I found the DCIM folder empty. Checked with everything, camera itself, camera connected to mac with cable, Quik, sd card reader, GoPro 8, phone card slot. Always empty. If I check the card info it says half of it is used tho.

The card is Sandisk, never failed and it looks like it's still working cause you can see the folder structure.

Tried to recover with a couple of file recovery software (disk drill and stellar), I found tons of old files, some from March, but not today's file. The only files I found from today are a few thumbnail jpg, something like 5 or so, while I shot at least 35 sequences, 30 shots each, raw.

Do you know any solution I can try?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 This folder is empty Error

Hi @swiftstorm57148

Can you share the rest of the card's specifications?

To help isolate the issue, it will be best to test our another SD card.

SD Cards that Work with GoPro Cameras

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Sandisk Ultra 64gb. Used it already in the past with no issues. All the old footy and photos are still there, the strange thing is just last day's photos are gone

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftstorm57148

Ultra cards are not recommended to be used with GoPro cameras. They may work initially but they are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually.  

Once you have access to a recommended SD card.

Run a manual update before testing the camera.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej