Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 Stuck on GoPro Logo screen

I have just bought a GoPro Hero 7 White. When I got it home I chared it up. When I tried to turn it on it took a while to power up (around 10 seconds of holding the mode button) Once powered on it would not go past the GoPro logo screen. It will not connect to an app, it will no connect to my PC and it will not update via SD card. Can someone please help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Stuck on GoPro Logo screen

@megalift188, if your camera is currently frozen, try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds. If that doesn't help, please try the Manual Update process on your camera. 

What you will need: SD Card Adapter/Reader and a computer. Then follow the Manual Update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@megalift188, if your camera is currently frozen, try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds. If that doesn't help, please try the Manual Update process on your camera. 

What you will need: SD Card Adapter/Reader and a computer. Then follow the Manual Update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi, thanks for getting back. I am trying the manual update but the camera is freezing as soon as it is turned on and isn't updaing. Holing the mode button isn't working either. 

I have tried 3 SD cards and it is currenly frozen with a 16GB sandisk card it it. 

I fully formatted the card before putting the UPDATE folder on there.

Highlighted
GoPro

@megalift188, please make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and a recommended SD card https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 is used.

Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing during Update installation or even when normally using the camera -- this can be because the card isn't fast enough to write the content. Additionally, the camera can get hot or battery consumption will be higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have just bought the SanDisk Extreme 64 GB microSDXC I am still getting the issue.

Highlighted
Adventurer

seems you tried it all either rturn get a new one or call gopro.

Highlighted
GoPro

@megalift188, please let our Support team know so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. When you do, let them know about the steps already taken for any information that they may need.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, thanks for your help. The camera was faulty. I took it back and got a replacement which is so far working fine.