Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Silver freezing

I have the same issue, please advise how to fix it, thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pablink182

If you were able to try the steps suggested above and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

An happy ending : I've sent back the gopro back to Amazon, then I bought a new one which, up to now, hasn't shown any freezing issues.

I have to consider the previous one as a faulty item, leading me to regain confidence with chinese crappy cameras since, according to my personal statistics, 50% of GoPros I've ever used were not working and I had a very negative experience on it.

Thank you again Support Hub and Happy new year to everyone,
CinghioPro

Highlighted
Tourist

I have this exact problem. I’ve done the manual update, as format etc etc. Still the same problem. What do I do next. Why is there not a fix for this that you can publish?
Highlighted
Sightseer

i have the 7 black only used it 3 time. On first i was sent new battery because it dieded in 10 min. then i called in begining of december (3rd uses) because it was getting etremely hot. i was told i was getting a replacement sent. it has never shown up. now this thing gets a black screen when it starts up. i might get it to turn on normally every 10th battery pull only for it to freeze 30 seconds later. i have called the number and left voice mails since end of december. is go pro still in business? they keep taking my 4.99$ every month. how do i get a refund does the 8 have all these same problems?

Highlighted
GoPro

@stoi, if in case you continue to have the freeze-up issues with the camera after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps here, using different recommended SD cards and redoing the software update, please contact our Support Team so they can assist you on the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

@agilepike2731, sorry to hear about the trouble. If you're still experiencing issues with the camera, it will be best to continue working with our Support Team so they can look further into the problem and assist you on the next steps. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you do, provide your existing Support case number for reference.