09-03-2019 11:46 AM
Hello GoPro Support Hub,
after years of using flawlessly cheap chinese action cameras i got a wonderful present for my birthday: a GoPro Hero 7 Silver. I was so happy that I didn't believed my eyes.
Sadly my happiness was shutted down when I soon noticed that my camera (very often...too much often) randomly freeze:
- while taking videos (both standard then 4k)
- while taking pictures
- while browsing camera album
The camera stop responding to touchscreen\button\voice and shows the last image shown on the screen before freezing. To unlock the camera, I have to force restart pressing on\off button for 10 seconds. After the camera reset and turn on again, the following messages appear:
- (if I was recording a video) a message indicating the video is being repared...and then that it has been correctly repared,
- a message asking me to update date\time.
This keeps happening so frequently I quite stopped recording video at all.
- I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB (U3/A2/V30); same issue occurs with a Samsung Evo 64GB U1.
- Updated at the first unboxing with the GoPro app to the firmware 02.00; I've already manually updated the camera with the latest firmware (02.00) following this guide: https://gopro.com/en/us/support/hero7-silver-product-update ; but nothing changed.
Help me GOPRO SUPPORT HUB, you're my only hope.
09-06-2019 04:03 PM - edited 09-06-2019 04:04 PM
@cinghiopro, sorry to hear about the trouble. I appreciate you reaching out. The freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator that the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.
Typically, using a recommended SD card for your camera and manually reinstalling the firmware update resolves the issue. You may also try to do a full format on the SD card (via computer) and reset camera settings following the steps here.
If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, please contact our Support team so they can assist you on the next steps. You may reach them by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. When you do, let them know about the steps already taken for any information that they may need.
09-07-2019 04:22 AM
Thanks @aenriquez for the reply.
That's exactly what I though at the first glance with this GoPro Hero 7 Silver bought on Amazon: slow sd card + needs of an update , this is why I did:
- I bought a costly uSD card that was enlisted here (as you also pointed out in the last message) as "Y" under the "HERO7 Silver" column, namely:
SanDisk Extreme Pro (UHS 3 / V30) A2 128GB SDSQXCY-128G-GN6MA Y Y Y
- Formatted the uSD on the PC and updated the 02.00 fw on the camera via manual update.
- Formatted again the uSD on the PC.
- Resetted the camera both to settings+factory reset (following your guide in the last post).
- Formatted the uSD on the camera.
Unluckily the problem persist.
Any more suggestions?
Waiting for your answer, I thank you for your support,
09-07-2019 02:03 PM
09-11-2019 06:13 AM
09-11-2019 09:00 AM