Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 Silver Connectivity Issue

[ New ]
I cannot connect camera to my go pro app on my phone

I recorded video with the camera but I cannot see it on my go pro app

I am connected to Wi-Fi on my phone and I turned off smart Wi-Fi in auto switch already

Let me know what I can do to fix this issue I've already tried the steps that you are fixing to copy and paste I've already looked at that menu please help me again with the specifics if I may have missed something small in that menu or list

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Silver Connectivity Issue

[ New ]

Hello, @graylight0700. Are you getting any specific error message on the app or the camera relating to not pairing?

Make sure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware, that your phone is updated to the latest OS version and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Reset camera to factory settings, then re-pair.

If you are still unable to pair, we recommend doing a manual update on your HERO7 Silver camera following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, go through the pairing process again. Let us know how it goes.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Silver Connectivity Issue

[ New ]

Hello, @graylight0700. Are you getting any specific error message on the app or the camera relating to not pairing?

Make sure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware, that your phone is updated to the latest OS version and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Reset camera to factory settings, then re-pair.

If you are still unable to pair, we recommend doing a manual update on your HERO7 Silver camera following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, go through the pairing process again. Let us know how it goes.