Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

When you already have market share of Sports, the growth will come by strengthening positions in the other markets where GoPro cameras are utilized, mainly social media.
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 - I give you a picture of a "social camera" below. It has triple lenses and advanced processing. With a LEICA label to spur confidence in the quality.

I guess GoPro has to offer something beyond an advanced mobile phone to be competetive. I'm not sure that the Hero7 will be it.

huawei-p20-pro-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-clt-l29c-twilight.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

Phone cameras these days have incredible depth of field by using multiple cameras for focus etc.

There is no way GoPro can compete with that. GoPro's are sharp don't get me wrong but they are no where near as versatile as a phone camera AND it would be harder to get your photos on Facebook etc feom a GoPro than just from your phone camera.

For these reasons I think it's an odd move going social. GoPro should stick to what they do best, making a great action camera.
Highlighted
Hiker

I think Some of you might be missing the point here, gopro added features to a camera so you can post from the camera to social media faster as a added feature without sacrificing what the camera already can do. Imagine being able to live stream a skydive live as you do it.
Highlighted
Explorer

@tallguysrc
No, they are not missing points, they are gleefully ignorant trolls.
Highlighted
Nomad

I can livestream my sky jump with my phone attached to the helmet allready...

Highlighted
Hiker

Let me know when to tune into that live stream.
Highlighted
Hiker

People we know you can duck tape a cell phone onto anything, car, boat, plane, helmets, bike, motorcycle, your dog (that might leave a mark) but you don't thats what gopro is for.