Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

who was it who said it was released tomorrow (18th), bloody almost 3days to go yet

i assume by the "less clutter" they're refering to the front screen they've ditched

Nomad

Yeah less clutter just means "we're saving money by ditching things we think are irrelevant.".
Hiker

Less clutter means camera and mount no gimbal required for butter smooooooooooooth footage.
Nomad

Should have added "to save money but also keep the price point high" :)
Adventurer

Nick wanted the gopro to be more Mobile then ever and that is where the less clutter fits in take the shot, transfers to  the  app and makes the vid for you no  clutter, space wasted.  but who am I to say.  Maybe the sales team got a great pitch smooth as melting butter ..

Explorer

Pretty sure, "less clutter" is in reference to the LCD interface. Also agree with @tallguysrc. If the EIS is even better than the Hero6, my Karma Grip is going to collect a lot of dust.

As far as "high price point", man, some people are just jaded. 4K/60fps in a small waterproof camera with LCD... Yi 4K+ goes for $339, isn't waterproof, does not have stabilization as good as the Hero6 Black, does not have a removable/replaceable lens protector...

Sure, Yi 4K+ is a fine camera (as long as you don't use it as an action camera), but for only about $60 more you get a much better, IMO, action camera from GoPro. Considering Yi gets the advantage of being a completely Chinese developed, manufactured, and supported camera, it's surprising GoPro can be as cheap as they are.

I'm really not looking to get into the merits of one camera or brand over another, but the way some people talk, about updates they think their camera Should get, what the latest camera Should be named, what features the camera Should get,.... Give me a break. The Hero7 will have the features that GoPro was able to developed in the time they had. This is a company of less than 1,000 employees works wide. They offer awesome little cameras, but if you want or don't want to get the latest offering, that's your choice, but don't act like GoPro has somehow wronged you.

Of course they are in the business of making money. They may not always execute in the best way. They may make errors in judgement in how they market their products or in choosing features. But, most of the time they do a pretty amazing job of pushing the entire action camera market toward providing affordable and pretty amazing devices. If not for GoPro, you wouldn't be seeing any of the competitors producing anything close to what we have now.

As far as GoPro's concern for their customers. GoPro most certainly does care. They want you to have an amazing experience and to always be "stoked" and excited, motivated to get out and experience and capture life's moments. If you don't agree, if you don't share that feeling, reach out to them, or maybe even try a different brand. But, negative, jaded, and pessimistic post are just not needed. At least not here.

I for one, am excited to see what the Hero7 will bring. I look forward to taking one on my families next adventure. I'm willing to wait to see what features it will bring and to learn more. At this point I'm content to just say, "We'll see".
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I also own A Yi I can tell you when a car comes  from behind no matter what mode you are in its like a Fun house mirror effect. Supposed to be a cooler running camera   heats up  to about 145 degrees F,   does not have a superview  angle like gopro.   But offers what gopro did not at the moment livestreaming.  Yi Technology  also known as Young inovator,  funded by Xiaomi  a bunch of college kids,  that passed along the camera to   beta testers. that the camera 's run from $90 to $300 plus with their own flaws, like 

1. put the cam on a gimbal and the back glass will crack under pressure its flush to the frame, gopro is embedded by a cm

2 Yi tripod  socket on the yi4k will crack on any tightning down, the y4K+  improved.  Yet to crack it.

Yes  since we're on a gopro froum lets keep to the topic   of a gopro then sucker me into saying Yi took the money and ran, there is no support, they left town  and has not been a update to their last battery drain issue 

I am waiting patiently and gimbal or not  gopro  does fin with some shakes  if asked.   E  

FISH  typo errors Lol  

Nomad

Dan we get it you're a fanboy, but 999999999 word posts don't make my point any less relevant even if it doesn't fit your views.

Nick Woodward literally said GoPro had to ditch features and the camera they wanted to make to make it cheaper. So they have now made a camera that is essentially the Hero 6+ and they are charging a massive price for it.

How much work do you honestly think went into this camera - same chip, same body, same lens, same battery. The only difference is software. They have essentially spent as little as possible to develop the Hero 7 Black. But I guess they only had a year as you say, 1000 members of staff is just about enough to overclock a chip and update the software....