Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

@andreis40011 wrote:
I hope they have some pre-orders offers and really hope they do not change batteries.

i'm afraid they never have done so far with previous models. The only price offers/discount i've seen over the years is the trade-in scheme, & discounts to clear old stock

Highlighted
Hiker

If I remember correctly, last year the store offered a GoPro Jaws with pre-orders, so I guess it was store specific.
Highlighted
Adventurer

that is a great point stores stocking up so they can prepare for the release date.  so yeah    we'll see...

no update for me if its the same gp1 and start adding back what they can't fix in the first gen.

Highlighted
Backpacker

i just hope they've come out with new features that warrant getting it. I will end up with one eventually, but if it turns out to be a rebadged hero 6 then I'll just wait & carry on using what i've got 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I hope so too! I heard rumors that it may have higher megapixels than the 6, which is why I figured I would wait as well!
Highlighted
Adventurer

if its one or two MP I'll P A S S 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

We know for sure that GoPro will bring back the WHITE - SILVER - BLACK variants. At the 200 - 300 - 400 USD price point.

Both the WHITE and SILVER seems to be based on the Hero6 hardware core based on the FCC filings.

The Hero7 BLACK will probably be the only significant upgrade form the Hero6 of today. Rumors suggest an upgraded GP chip, maybe designated GP2. GoPro has also filed a lot of new patents lately which might indicate new features to expect. Time will show how much is actually implemented in the Hero7 Black.

USP 9,998,681 - Electronic iris for a camera

USP 10,003,768 - Apparatus and methods for frame interpolation based on spatial considerations

USP 10,007,967 - Temporal and spatial video noise reduction

USP 10,015,369 - Synchronization of cameras using wireless beacons 

USP 10,015,469 - Image blur based on 3D depth information 

USP 10,031,314 - Prism-based focal plane adjustment for thermal compensation in a lens assembly 

USP 10,031,396 - Tunable polymer dispersed liquid crystal lens doublet 

USP 10,033,915 - Camera peripheral device for supplemental audio capture and remote control of camera 

USP 10,033,928 - Apparatus and methods for rolling shutter compensation for multi-camera systems

USP 10,043,536 - Systems and methods for audio based synchronization using energy vectors 

USP 10,044,899 - On-chip image sensor data compression 

USP 10,044,944 - Automatic composition of video with dynamic background and composite frames selected based on foreground object criteria

USP 10,044,972 - Systems and methods for automatically transferring audiovisual content

USP 10,051,206 - Automatic composition of video with dynamic background and composite frames selected based on frame and foreground object criteria 

USP 10,051,363 - Submersible microphone system with a compressible spacer 

Highlighted
Hiker

Guys, go check out the gopro reddit forum. GoPro 7 leaked!!!