Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

[ New ]
No but we can speculate and discuss
Hiker

[ New ]
True

Personally Im just a fan of Gopro, when the new cameras come out I will buy one just because im a gopro fan. im sure it will have some issues and updates but so does my new phone, thats just real life
The hater videos will pop up online saying to buy cheap cameras from overseas and telling you Gopro is going to fold and this and that, thats just the world we live in, people behind there phone have been given the power to bitch about everything...

I kust turned 56 and when I was 20 none of this cool new technology existed and if you had told me one day i would be able to buy some of the stuff I own like drones and 4k cameras i would have laughed in your face..

Im just glad we live in a time where I can play with this cool stuff and look forward to more cool stuff.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Walked in to Bestbuy.  I rather walk in to a GoPro shop Imagine if GoPro started opening up retail stores.   NAd well I walked out  empty Handed.

Yep all talk until its reality and that bites.

Yep what  Ican remember as a kid or what My Grandfater told my Mom was Cellphones are coming and this goes back in the Mid 40's of 1940ish  and here we are  in a about ten more years Flying cars.   SO yeah love & hate video's all we can do is say  bringem on.

Over time I'll get one when a good deal is made with my older one and all the kinks worked out.  I'll keep in the background while the talk keeps growing.....

FISH

Nomad

[ New ]

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4204755-gopro-gpro-ceo-nick-woodman-presents-citi-2018-global-techn...

Joshua Kehoe

Can you give us any insight into what features or design changes we can expect from the refresh lineup?

Nick Woodman

No, I can't share any details other than this year's lineup is really quite heavily influenced by customer request. And years previous, we were more building towards our own internal vision of what would make a great GoPro, but with the 2018 lineup we went and asked our customer what they would like to see from us and that's what we built into the new product line.

Joshua Kehoe

You kind of touched on this already, but what are the other key differences between this holiday season and maybe fourth quarters and years past?

Nick Woodman

I think the biggest difference this fourth quarter is that we are launching a complete refresh of our HERO camera lineup at the $199, $299, $399 price points. We haven't had a complete refresh of that line up since 2012. And this is in response to the clear market data that consumers want to see new products from us every year, much more so than just discounts on older product. And also we recognize we can't leave older product out at its original pricing and that's what really hurt us last year was we left our $299 and $399 products out for a second year in a row at those prices and we saw sell-through drop significantly.

We are not doing that again this year. So that's good. And we also have a entry-level product this holiday, whereas last year we did not. And that's just -- that’s a -- that was a significant hit in terms of sell-through. It's a very important price point, obviously for attracting new customers as well as selling to gift givers. So we’ve got entry-level product this holiday and we have all three new HERO cameras at traditionally attractive prices of $199, $299, $399, which model out to what looks like a healthy Q4 and as well this year's product line up is heavily influenced by our customers interest more so than any other year. We designed this year's products based on input from our customers, what asking them what do they really want to see from us. As we’ve shared half of our customer -- active customer base is using HERO4 and older generation GoPros.

While that’s great to see that they're still getting value out of their older GoPros and we build durable product that last for years. It raises the question of why haven't people upgraded?. And so to address that question, we went and asked them what they would like to see from us. We built that request list into our new products. And on top of that, we're taking a more feature centric approach to our marketing. This holidays you'll see where it's not just about beautiful bold aspirational images captured with the GoPro, our marketing will do a much better job of actually explaining the new features and why consumers should care about them. So across the board we’re feeling much better about our approach this fourth quarter than last year.

Brian McGee

As we’ve looked at the year and are discussing on earnings call, our expectation is we sell-through 5 million units

Nomad

[ New ]

@tallguysrc

"Do we even know the prices yet...

Have any of the New features been confirmed?

We don't even have a official release date.."

Yes. Most is known. Price 200-300-400. White-Silver-Black. September 20. Marketing material and the boxes themselves has been leaked on reddit. Units are allready in the supply channel aka stores.

Nomad

[ New ]

Personally I'll get the 7 Black - IF - and only IF they finally manages to implement a wireless mic option.

Adventurer

[ New ]

sounds like its going to be out sooooon

Backpacker

[ New ]

come on, i'm getting bored now. I want a new GoPro/'s