Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

I would love to see the Hero 7 increase the bit rate. I believe the Hero 6 at 4k and protune on recorded around 78 Mb/s, while the direct competition Yi 4K+ did over 100mb/s. And while the Yi was not as good of a camera, when zooming you could clearly see that this made a difference.

With a more powerful processor (overclocked) there is no reason this can't be a reality, but will GoPro give us something like this? Time will tell.

Backpacker

@andreis40011 wrote:

When it was discovered that the Hero 2018 can be turned into a Hero 5 I could not understand why many were kind of angry instead to be thankfull that you can do this in the first place. This is actually a great thing for us and a good bussiness decision on GoPro's part to get rid of some Hero 5 stock and position themselves on that price category. I read somewhere that launching the Hero 2018 brought a breath of fresh air to GoPro. The Hero 2018 will sell like mad until they are out of stock, and after that, the Hero 5 will sell also until out of stock. And Maybe the Hero 7 white can be hacked to work like Hero 7 silver the the cycle will repeat. Of course there is a risk but there is a potential more bang for your what you actually paid, so I think GoPro is wise in its business strategy. I had chinese cameras like Yi but there was always something fustrating about them.

i have to disagree, GoPro can't do budget camera's. They've tried it several times in the past & all have been a flop. Cheap chinese ebay camera's offer alot more for the money compared to what GoPro can do. Its like trying to take on DJI in the drone market (oh hang on)

Hiker

it's possibile to overclock..but the battery should increase his capacity and gopro need to be cooled to prevent issues...8k need a bigger body to work without this problems; i believe that an increased bitrate and a better low light performance will made this new gopro a winner product...

Nomad

@danielr15 - "GoPro should put just enough features into their cameras to sell and remain competitive, nothing more, nothing less."

Yes, and the Hero7 line up is not going to increase their sales.

Q4, 2018 will be another disaster.

Nomad

@andreis40011

Selling a 200 USD camera doesn't give much profilt. Now its being replaced with a WHITE with furter cost savings: removed LCD, only internal battery, etc.

Nomad

@quickhero77554

GoPro has always had a problem implementing proper SD card support. Increasing bitrate, which I totally agree that they should, will only increase their SD card problems.

But hopefully at least 100 Mb/s for HD should be supported.

Backpacker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

Selling a 200 USD camera doesn't give much profilt. Now its being replaced with a WHITE with furter cost savings: removed LCD, only internal battery, etc.

look at it another way they are still obviously stil making a profit on that £200 camera, which is exactly the same camera they've been selling for £300 with a Hero 5 label on it

Explorer

[ Edited ]

@agilestoke40735

It's nice that you like to count GoPro's money, but it's irrelevant to this conversation. It you want to short GoPro stock, so be it, but keep your investing opinions on another forum, it doesn't belong here.