Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

i'm hoping for some fantastic addition that hasn't been leaked out yet, at the minute it looks like it should of been called Hero 6+. Going by the info we've got it does make you wonder whether to bother getting it straight away (although i probably will anyway)

Highlighted
Nomad

@quickhero77554

The Hero6 does LINEAR still pictures at high resolution, so it could do linear 4K as well if the processor had enough processing power.

Highlighted
Hiker

What are the chances the Hero 7 brings back Video+Picture mode?

Just bought a Hero 5 because this is the best mode for Scuba diving for me, but if the Hero 7 has it I'll return the Hero 5.

Highlighted
Nomad

Hero Fusion might be cancelled.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4206655-gopro-kolor-closes#alt2

The GoPro Fusion may well become the next caustically. In my opinion Fusion is just too far behind the 360-camera technology to last. The Fusion post processing is just too slow and too complex to get significant market share in the 360 market place. GoPro owned Kolor when Fusion was developed. Kolor had developed mature closely related software technology. GoPro was unable to to leverage the significant base of software and experience to fully develop a 360 product. GoPro’s response to Fusion when questioned in the last few months has generally been a weak response, “Fusion is doing fine”

Fusion was a late entry into the 360-camera market. When it was introduced into the market almost exactly a year ago. Fusion was described in reviews as good 360 imaging and less than favorable reviews software support. The Fusion entered the market with incomplete and delayed software support.

The 360-camera market has been exploding with innovative 360 technology that has not been matched with GoPro support for the Fusion 360 camera. The closing of Kolor signals that GoPro is unlikely to invest more in the Fusion 360 technology.

Highlighted
Nomad

@garyd23341

As I have pointed out earlier the PHOTO+VIDEO mode is an Ambarella Inc patent. As long as the patent is effective and Gopro uses their own processor (made by Soxionext) this feature will not return in a new Hero camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yeah, that is what I figured and why I pulled the trigger on the Hero 5. But I also saw a few comments that they could perhaps pay Ambarella Inc a royalty to use the patent. I know, longshot...

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

More butter, less clutter.

https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/

Ajajajajaj, 2days 20hours left !

Highlighted
Nomad

@garyd23341

Yes, GoPro could license this feature from Ambarella. But somehow I doubt it will happen.