Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Release Date?

@duanem8

Yeah, I wonder if the WHITE actually still has a Hero5 core with an Ambarella processor, or if its and GP1 chip dumbed down...

Highlighted
Backpacker

i thought i'd read somewhere that they've finally got rid of the Ambarella processor, but i guess we won't know until the full spec's released. As they've reworked it to remove the front screen, I don't suppose its much to rework to use to the GP1 chip at the same time

Highlighted
Nomad

@duanem8

I'm afraid that I was one of the sources of that rumour.

Apparently both WHITE and SILVER was designated as SPCH1 inn the FCC/Bluetooth certification. This was the same code as on the Hero6. Therefore it seems logical to assume both has the orginal Hero6 hardware core.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 - Well, see what happened after the bad Karma sales. What do you think will happen if Gopro faces another quarter with bad camera sales? And do you really think that the Hero7 lineup can break the declining sales?

Highlighted
Backpacker

so the i wonder what they'll do with the Silver. If the White is going to be the new Hero 2018, limited to 1080/1440. Black is going to be the full 4k@60fps. So what do you limit the Silver at, 2.7K?

Highlighted
Backpacker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

Well, see what happened after the bad Karma sales. What do you think will happen if Gopro faces another quarter with bad camera sales? And do you really think that the Hero7 lineup can break the declining sales?

I know it was aimed at Daniel but hope you don't mind me giving my view, & its not a good one. They need to do something original, get back to being the leaders. So far all i've seen is them trying old tactics that didn't work beforehand

• budget camera. They did this way back with the original HD Hero by bring out the HD Hero 960. Then the Hero range with the sealed case & non-removable battery
  • White, Silver, Black. Failed when they did it with the Hero 3, it almost worked with the Hero 4 because it gave people a choice, Silver if you want the rear screen, Black if you wanted 4k. 

they say the Hero 5 was the best selling GoPro ever, so what made that so special. No messing locking out features, reasonable price (ok the price didn't drop till the 6 came out) 

Highlighted
Hiker

Look at it in a numbers game Best Buy is im assuming there biggest brick and mortar retailer outlet with 1000 stores selling Gopro cameras. If each store sells just 1 gopro a day at  $299 that's 300k in daily sales Gopro is not hurting...

Highlighted
Nomad

Agree that the Hero5 was the best selling purely because it didn't mess about. Here is what you're getting, that's it.

Holding back features that COULD be included in cameras is ridiculous and GoPro will pay the price for it eventually. Let's be honest, their sales will drop again and if they don't get bought out that's game over.