Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 - Pixelation on Youtube after upload

[ New ]

Hi everybody, I could use some help.

I have a GoPro Hero 7 black for about a year and I have finally started to do some editing. - I`m using the Lumafusion on my iPad. Since the exported files are so big and I want to share these videos with my friends, I have decided to upload them to Youtube. Everything went quite well but on my last 3 videos I have noticed that the picture gets pixelated from time to time and I have no idea why since when I playback the exported video in my photo app there is none of this pixelation. I gave Youtube some time to process it or even tried to re-upload it a couple of times but the pixelation is still there - only on different parts of the footage after re-uploading. I'm still using the same export settings for my videos. Here is my setting:

GH video settings:

4K, 60 FPS, 16:9, hvc1, 77,9 MBits/s

Lumafusion export settings:

4K, 60 FPS, 16:9, H264, 100 MBits/s (Sometime I have used 150 MBits/s and it worked just fine on YT)

Can you please check my last two videos? The pixelation happens quite often here (in the Disneyland one right at the begining).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eQa3Wd8wk4&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L27cD19guck&t=156s

This never happened in my previous videos so I really don't get it :(

Plese excusse my editing and GoPro skills, I am still an amateur :)

Many thanks for your help!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Backpacker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 - Pixelation on Youtube after upload

[ New ]

Thanks, those video's were really distracting......   but onto your issue.

As you have pointed out, the video's play back fine before you edit them, ergo the camera is not the issue.  The glitches are therefore most likey caused by your video editor and there could be any number of reasons for that.

I'd at the very least make sure that your software on both your editor and your iPad software are up to date.  Make sure that LumaFusion supports HEVC playback and editing.

I'd also check the support forums for LumaFusion to see if anyone can help you there.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for checking.

I was using the same format of footage from my GoPro for my previous 10 videos and Youtube had no issues with it - the quality was just fine after the upload. There were some updates for both iOS and Lumafusion between my first and last video so I can imagine that something could go wrong there but I can't name the problem properly. I have tried almost every possible way of export from Lumafusion and the glitches are still there - sometimes less and sometimes more.

Do you have any suggestion that I could try? Can I maybe run the exported file through some software to tweak it a little bit? I am starting to be a little desperate :( I did try to upload another video yesterday and same issues.

Thanks!

Example.png
Backpacker

[ New ]

Your best bet would be to not use LumaFusion as it's causing glitches in your video's when uploaded to youtube.  From the looks of it this is either an issue with the encoding or an issue with keyframes.  You could try increasing the amount of keyframes on your export if it's an option, however this will result in larger video files on export.  I would also check the lumafusion forums to see if there's any reported issues and any fixes for this.  Unfortunatly as this is not a GoPro issue, there's not going to be much more anyone can do for you here.

Tourist

[ New ]

The sad story here is that Lumafusion is my only option. I have a very old MAC which is not capable of editing 4k video so I bough the iPad Pro for video editing. As I said everything was great and worked great a few months ago. So I don't know what could have happen in the meantime with the software. It would be nice if some software update could solve this. I am currenty on a waitlist for entering the Lumafusion community so I will definitely ask once I get invited. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Check out  a few youtubers especially  Shaun he uses your program and can get a real answer to your issue , 

youtuber Airphotograghy   he is all about that enjoy.