Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 7 Glitch

[ New ]

Help Me!

How to fix the tiny blue dot on my screen go pro hero 7, it just suddenly appear after my gopro freeze. i have never drop my gopro

please someone help me!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Glitch

[ New ]

Hi @bryricafort,

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Does it happen to both photos and videos? Sounds like a dead pixel on your camera's screen. Just to make sure, can you please post a photo of your camera's touch display screen showing the issue?

You may try reinstalling the firmware update of the camera as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bryricafort,

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Does it happen to both photos and videos? Sounds like a dead pixel on your camera's screen. Just to make sure, can you please post a photo of your camera's touch display screen showing the issue?

You may try reinstalling the firmware update of the camera as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Hiker

[ New ]
Thank you aenriquez for your prompt reply, no it doesnt appear on photos or videos its just on my screen, if that’s a dead pixel can dead pixels affect the performance of my gopro, because im just new in this kind ok gopro thing, can dead pixels fix you updated the firmware? And does freezing gopro can damage the gopro itself?
Explorer

[ New ]
Dead pixels on the LCD do not affect performance. Freezing will not damage the camera. However, it could be indicative of another problem like a bad SD card. be sure you are using a card from this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
Also, as advised, perform a MANUAL update
Once done, put your camera in 1080p/60fps and turn off Auto Low light. You don't need this feature and it tends to be the most common culprit (after SD card errors) for causing freezing.

Finally, please don't make multiple post asking the same question.