Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 Black how to find password and connect when screen is not working

[ New ]

The screen on the back of my gopro hero 7 black is nolonger working (purchased over a year ago) but the camera still functioned fine and could be controlled by the app until an update made the camera reset connectivity and passwords. Without the screen I don't seem to be able to retrieve the password, which makes the camera completely useless. Is there a work around for this? e.g is there software i can use on my PC to connect to the camera and retrieve the password or at least change the setting etc??

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black how to find password and connect when screen is not working

[ New ]

Hello, @bravestar5207. The only way to view the camera Wi-Fi information is through the camera screen. 

If the camera screen cannot be fixed by a manual update, our Support team will be able to look into options for you. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black how to find password and connect when screen is not working

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @bravestar5207. The only way to view the camera Wi-Fi information is through the camera screen. 

If the camera screen cannot be fixed by a manual update, our Support team will be able to look into options for you. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

ok GoPro

We as your customers and investors in your products. We EXPECT BETTER service... we pay for product and would like them to work right out the box without issues. askings us to open chat session [ joke or request callback], I understand there are limited people to answer ALL issues. I fell the 1st issues should be sent directly to your IT support team. We want solutions NOT options to our newly purchased GoPro cameras